By Ali and Jess
Five reasons YOU should March for Science TOMORROW:
- You believe that government decisions should be guided by facts and evidence. March for Informed Public Policy!
- To say no to restrictions being placed on scientists communicating their research, as we are currently seeing in the U.S. Show your support for Open Communication of Knowledge!
- For Stable Science Investment, for security in our future jobs!
- For a science informed future and a well-informed community. We need kids to learn and love science, they are the future! We need Universal STEM Literacy!
- Finally, science is our tool to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems; it is worth marching for!
“Anti-science agendas and policies have been advanced by politicians on both sides of the aisle, and they harm everyone — without exception. Science should neither serve special interests nor be rejected based on personal convictions. At its core, science is a tool for seeking answers. It can and should influence policy and guide our long-term decision-making.” – marchforscience.com
Meet us tomorrow at 11 am, on the Parliamentary lawns (Federation Mall)
For more information go to marchforsciencecanberra.org
All images sourced from marchforsciencecanberra.org